Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gifts for boys - Lego boxes!

Unfortunately, I didn't take any "real" before pics of these little boxes.  They are so cute though!  I picked these up on Thanksgiving afternoon at Michael's for under a dollar apiece!  I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back, and decided to make them for the boys for Christmas this year.  Other than the necessity of doing the painting at night after the boys were in bed, I think this is one of the easiest crafts I've done in a while.  Just required some (ahem), PAINT AND PATIENCE.




They turned out so cute - I used paints I had on hand already, and bought a Lego baseplate at Target for about 7 bucks.  All in all, I think I spent about $3 each on these storage boxes, plus the cost of the Lego vehicle (small kits) that I bought to go inside.  

The baseplate cut easily - I just scored it with a utility knife and bent it to break.  I used hot glue to adhere to the top of the box and VOILA!  instant portable Lego storage!

I really hope the boys enjoy these on Christmas and after!

1 comment:

Anneke at This, That and Life said...

Oh man Julie! I think I'm going to need one of these much sooner than later!!! How perfect for all those little pieces. Thanks so much for sharing this over on the Kids and Christmas Linky Party and Merry Christmas to you and your family!