Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Easiest Decoration EVAH

I'll admit it.  I've been super lazy about finishing even one project since the  holidays.  I just have no motivation.  It's cold outside, I'd have to move cars around to be able to work in the garage, the light sucks, the list goes on.

So that's why I'm not posting.  I'm lazy.  I haven't even taken my Christmas tree down yet - it's on a table in an otherwise blank corner of my living room, not infringing on our space in any way.  Besides, I'm kinda freaked about having a naked corner again. 

That said, I've just "made" the most simple hanging valentine's decor you will EVAH EVAH EVAH (sorry, The Pigpen thinks Taylor Swift is his girlfriend, and sings her shizz all day long) see anywhere.

Supplies:

Dollar store felt heart garland (9 feet for a dolla - HOLLA!)
Dollar store felt heart (these were on sale 2 for a dollar!)
Glue
Some sort of contraption for hanging - for the one pictured, I used a very professional thumb tack

Process:

1. Figure out how low you want your heart to hang. 
2. Separate the garland at that point.
3. Glue the end of the garland to the top of your large heart.
4. Stick a thumbtack in the wall above the only window in your office (which happens to look into a hall)
5. Hang that bad boy up!

Easy frickin peasy!  And it only cost me like, 33 cents to make the thing.  Guess that means I'll be making one for home too.

1 comment:

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Don't you just love easy decor ... and the dollar store!!